Find out more on our:
2013-2014 District Fact Sheet
2012-2013 District Fact Sheet
2011-2012 District Fact Sheet
2010-2011 District Fact Sheet
2012-2013 School Year Achievements
Updated October 7, 2013
- Preble High School - Congrats to Anna Conard who was named the Press Gazette's softball player of the year for 2013.
District & Staff Achievements
- Baird Elementary School - Congratulations to Baird Elementary School, who has been named a School of Merit for the 2012-13 school year by the Wisconsin PBIS Network for their work accomplished through the implementation of the Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS). Baird was one of 146 schools statewide to be recognized as a School of Merit.
- MacArthur Elementary School - Congratulations to MacArthur Elementary School, who has been named a School of Distinction for the 2012-13 school year by the Wisconsin PBIS Network for their work accomplished through the implementation of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS). MacArthur was one of 87 schools statewide to be recognized as a School of Distinction.
- Congrats to Italian language teacher Lisa Joy Meli for winning Wisltalia Teacher of the Year. Wisltalia is a statewide organization that promotes Italian heritage. Meli teaches at both East and Preble High Schools.
- Congratulations to Preble High School art teacher Shelly Nooyen, whose wheel thrown pot titled "Beacon" was accepted into the Neville Public Museum's 69th Art Annual Juried Exhibition. The exhibit runs Sept. 28th through January 5th, 2014.
Academic & Co-Curricular Achievements
- East High School - sophomore Andrew Pfluger placed 2nd in the nation in the E-business event at the Future Business Leaders of American (FBLA) National Leadership Conference in Anaheim, CA.
- Lombardi Middle School and Southwest High School - Congrats to Lombardi Middle School and Southwest High School, who were two of only four high schools in the state of Wisconsin selected to perform at the 2014 Wisconsin Choral Director's Association (WCDA) Convention in January 2014.
- Preble High School - Congrats to Preble alum and UW-Madison freshman Jessica Franco, who won this year's convocation student-speech contest at Madison!
- Congrats to Southwest High School alum Anna Dibba, who received a 2013 AATF Outstanding Senior in French Award from the American Association of Teachers of French (AATF). The award is given annually to a graduating senior who has demonstrated excellence in the study of French, as well as, exceptional commitment to the French language and the many cultures where it is spoken. Anna is a past French Club president at Southwest and is attending UW-Milwaukee.
- Congrats to the Green Bay Area Public School District high school students who were selected to participate in the Chamber's Brown County Teen Leadership Program as the Class of 2014! From Preble High School: Riley Burger, Logan Gerow, Nicole Gaoska, Carter Kudick, Kallie Medenwald & Jaden Tatro. From East High School: McKenna Arnoldi, Dyani Garza-Guelker & Xavier Halverson. From West High School: Xanthe Segura. From Southwest High School: Presley Cornelius and Katie Folsom.
- Preble High School's - Jake Wallenfang was named the Press-Gazette's boys track athlete of the year. Jake was also named the Wisconsin State Track Coaches Association (WISTCA) male track and field athlete of the year. Way to go Jake!
- Southwest High School - Congrats to Max Scharping, who has committed to playing football at Northern Illinois University.
- West High School
- Congratulations to Joshual Krueger who was one of 10 student-athletes from across the country named to the Dexter/USBC (United States Bowling Congress) All-American Team. Joshua will receive a $1,000 scholarship for this honor.