**Now hiring tutors for spring semester (1/29-5/9) - Apply Today!**
AVID Tutor Application
Tutor Job Description
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) is a college readiness system designed to increase the number of students who enroll in and persist in four-year colleges. AVID is designed to specifically help the least served students in the academic middle.
The Green Bay Public Schools offers AVID for students in grades 6-12 at Washington Middle School, West High School and East High School.
What is AVID?
- An elective class that uses an established curriculum made up of rigorous standards, WIC-R (writing, inquiry, collaboration, reading) strategies, Cornell note-taking, study skills, tutorials led by trained college tutors, and Socratic Seminars.
- A structured, college preparatory system working directly with schools and districts.
- A direct support structure for first-generation college students, grades 4-12.
- A schoolwide approach to curriculum and rigor adopted by nearly 4,000 schools in 45 states and 15 countries.
- A professional development program providing training around the world.